|Every week is a big week for innovation but here are our pics for the top 4 moments from the past week that stand out.|
1. According to CNBC, Apple’s market value dropped $46b last week upon the announcement that they are cutting production of iPhone X among allegations that software updates of earlier iPhone models slowed performance to drive sales of newer models.
2. Elon Musk’s Los Angeles based tunnel drilling company, “The Boring Company” is selling a fully functional Flamethrower on their site for $500 that will ship sometime in Spring. Only 20,000 units will be produced and has sold over 15,000 in just 3 days. Elon’s controversial marketing stunt has raised safety concerns from public officials and $7.5million in sales.
3. Popular dating app Tinder has been ruled as violating age discrimination laws by charging users under 30 $9.99 and users over 30 $19.99 a month for premium services including unlimited swipes and being able to match with people in different cities. (source)
4. Robinhood introduces commission free trading of Cryptocurrencies starting in February. For now, only a handful of US states are eligible to trade Bitcoin and Ethereum but this trend confirms a growing momentum toward mass market access to blockchain technology. (original report)
Check out our upcoming programs!
|Leading Digital Transformation|
One-of-a-kind opportunity to learn about the latest trends in digital transformation, directly from the Silicon Valley insiders. The program includes 5 full days of immersive experience with the most innovative Silicon Valley companies. It is designed specifically for corporate executives leading digital transformation initiatives.
March 12-16-, July 16-20, October 8-12 – Silicon Valley, CA
|Navigating Fintech Disruption |
One-of-a-kind opportunity to learn about the latest trends in FinTech, directly from the Silicon Valley insiders. Designed specifically for financial services executives, the program includes 5 full days of immersive experience with the most innovative Silicon Valley companies and presentations by experts to provide insights into the impact of technology innovations on finance.
May 14-18, August 6-10 – Silicon Valley, CA
Since 2012, Silicon Valley Innovation Center (SVIC) has been empowering senior-level executive leaders from around the world to uncover business growth opportunities behind the threats of disruptive technologies. We provide expertise by creating exclusive executive management programs, cutting-edge thought leadership summits, and breakthrough corporate innovation acceleration programs.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –